Core Consulting Group was engaged by one of Australia’s leading water utilities company. They had been using an on premise Project Server 2010 implementation. With the shift of the organisation to Office365, they needed to migrate from Project Server 2010 to Project Online.
CCG clearly articulated the improvements and changes available in the new Project Online. We enabled our customer to not just migrate their configuration like-for-like, but also make improvements to their way of working through sensible adoption of valuable functionality. We also worked provided value quickly by:
- Collocating with users to develop the solution design using our customer centric design approach
- Working iteratively with weekly showcases, demonstrating value as it was being built.
- Working collaboratively with the client to reduce cycle times and increase knowledge transfer to the client
We provided support and guidance to make the migration process for a couple of hundred projects as smooth as possible. The outcome was an effective Project Online implementation, with projects migrated from the existing Project Server 2010 environment, with some new improvements.
Key elements of the solution included:
- Advisory and consulting services providing guidance on new system features
- Project Online configuration
- SSRS Report Development
- Migration support
- Training and user guides