Core Consulting Group (CCG) was engaged by one of Australia’s largest private Health insurers. They pride themselves on their brand, based on value and customer service.
Our client had good Project Managers working for them, resulting in good project outcomes. However they had been using basic Microsoft office tools such as Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, relying on the talent of their Project Management for consistency. Acknowledging that further improvements could be made by implementing an EPM tool, they engaged CCG to provide guidance.
We ran our Concept of Operations workshop to identify desired business outcomes and a path for improvement for the EPM tool they had already trialled. Given their ongoing Enterprise Agreement with Microsoft for software, it made sense to use Microsoft Project Online which complemented the suite of MS Products they used. We assisted them doing a second Proof of Concept for the Project Online tool, this time configured correctly (the previous pilot had been out of the box. This time it was well received.
Our client then did their due diligence by requesting a tender for a full Project Online implementation. Based on our history with the client and our proven work, we went on to win that tender. To obtain greater value more quickly, we implemented in an Agile approach by:
- Delivering the implementation in 4 modules (each module had a Go Live post UAT)
- Collocating with the client’s key users throughout the implementation
- Having weekly showcases of the tool, showing the client the tool as it was being built. This enabled them to understand the tool and make business decisions throughout
The system also reported on data from Jira (for Agile projects), bringing all key Project information into the one place. At the end of each module, we provided Project Online training to the users based on their roles. The outcome was a single source of truth for Project information that guided our client in making decisions efficiently and easily.
Key elements of the solution included:
- Advisory and consulting services providing guidance for process improvement
- Project Online configuration
- SSRS Report development
- Power BI report development
- Training and support