Core Consulting Group (CCG) was engaged by one of Australia’s leading customer owned banks. They focus on helping regional Australians achieve their lifestyle objectives as a premier banking alternative.
Our client had been using a different PPM tool in the past. They were upgrading to Office365, and consequently chose to move to Project Online, to take advantage of synergies with their new Office365 environment. At the same time, they wanted guidance on aligning their approach with Project Management best practice. Looking for a Project Online implementation partner with this blend of experience and knowledge, they were recommended to engage CCG.
Our client’s main objectives were to transition PPM tools and grow their Project Management Maturity over time. We used our our Concept of Operations model to determine the best initial configuration for their near term targets and establish a roadmap for achieving longer term goals over time.
To provide value quickly, we provided our foundation level implementation pack, plus an additional iteration to configure the foundation to suit their organisation’s Project Lifecycle and structure. This resulted in an implementation that was both suitable for their current needs, and easily adaptable to meet future requirements.
Key elements of the solution included:
- Advisory and consulting services providing guidance for process improvement
- A foundational Project Online configuration based on our experience on what works best, plus some tweaks to tailor the system to their organisation
- A set of Power BI reports that both replaced and improved on their current set of reporting
- User training on Project Planning in MS Project
- User training on using Project Online specifically with their way of working
- Administrator training for them to be able to manage Project Online over time